ACC-Jackie Chan Foundation Fellowship Now Open for Application
ACC-Jackie Chan Foundation Fellowship NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATION
INFORMATION FOR 2015 FELLOWSHIP APPLICANTS
Scope of Program
The Fellowship will support film professionals seeking to conduct research or obtain advanced training in the United States for a general period of 5 months. Activities during the fellowship period could include serving as a visiting scholar in a university program or film school, participation in artist residency programs, classes, workshops and research in film libraries. The Asian Cultural Council will assist in making professional arrangements. The Fellowship is not intended for formal academic study.
• Open to individuals in all areas of film (acting, directing, scriptwriting, producing, and technical areas, e.g. set and costume design or artistic direction, as well as research and other film studies).
• Applicants should be residents of Hong Kong.
• Competence in spoken English is required.
• Priority is given to those working in independent cinema and to applicants who have not had previous opportunities to study abroad.
• Grant recipients are required to return home at the conclusion of the fellowship period.
The Fellowship will cover all travel expenses including airfare, room and board, and health insurance.
Applications are now being accepted for programs to beginning from September 2015.
Step One: Applicants should download and complete the ACC’s application form which is available here.
Step Two: Completed application forms should be returned to the designated email address (as indicated on the application form) on or before midnight of January 30 (Friday), 2015.
Applicants are also requested to post two identical copies of their DVD portfolio to ACC Hong Kong at the following address:
Room 702, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
The DVD portfolio should not exceed 15 minutes in total length and should contain samples of the applicant’s work such as short films or excerpts from films.
The final decision will be made by the Asian Cultural Council Board of Trustees in New York in May 2015. Following the meeting, all applicants will receive notification regarding the status of their applications.
Please call the Asian Cultural Council in Hong Kong at 2895 0407 or email email@example.com for further details.